ALL ABOUT ME

Hello,
Welcome to my blog. My name is Peggy Hernandez. I am a 2nd grade teacher at Rock Springs Elementary School. I am taking a web 2.0 class through school. I am hoping to learn a lot more technology so I can incorporate it in my class next year.
I am a University of North Dakota graduate. I am from a large family. I have 2 sisters. I had 5 brothers, however, one brother passed away last February. i also have 27 nieces and nephews so I have been around children all my life.
I have been teaching for 21 years and love it. I taught third grade for 10 years and have settled into 2nd grade for the last 11 years. It is such a wonderful and rewarding experience.
I am married to a wonderful man, Juan. I have three beautiful children; Zach, 12 years- Emily, 10 years- Michael, 8 years. I am ready for a nice relaxing summer.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Web 2.0

Kami and I are working on our assignments today. We read the articles, watched the video and have now created our blogs. Fun stuff for a summer afternoon. You could have heard a pin drop as we read the articles and took lengthly notes. What good students we are. We discussed each Trend as we read them. Kathy would be proud!! I had no idea what web 2.0 was. Now I think I understand. It is a way to actively participate and collaborate. A whole new world to explore. I am looking forward to this blogging thing. I am hoping it will turn into a movie deal like Julia vs Julia. I think Julia Roberts should play me. Whatcha all think?

3 comments:

  1. YA on taking notes!! SOO, I want to know though, who is going to play ME in the movie??? Just a tip, you might want to move the "all about me" on your blog to a side bar - go to the LAYOUT tab when you are in the blog dashboard - then move the ALL ABOUT ME to the sidebar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm checking out blogs as I'm setting up my own! I'm impressed with you and Kami working so hard during R & R time! I'm thinking Sandra Bullock should play you and Julia should play Kami!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Peggy - so instead of Julie vs Julia, it is peggy vs Kami. Oh imagine the people we could get to play all the characters at the Rock. We could have such fun!

    ReplyDelete